Today’s tourists are pretty adept with modern technology and empowered with data-rich information. Online travel agencies have to really step up their game if they wish to successfully ride the tide of growth. Duping customers with fake promises have become a thing of the past. So, without the help of proper technology, survival in the competitive and overly-saturated travel ecosystem will become tough for the agencies.
The new generation OTAs are a bunch of complex systems managing tons of both front-end and back-end processes. And, a lot happens on their administrative side which a couple of staffs may not be able to cater to single-handedly. This is where advanced technology such as online travel agency software services can really make a difference.
Miscalculations missed travel information, missed delivery and payment dates, as well as missed inventory checks, can damper the growth of such online agencies. Now, humans are prone to committing errors, but the competitive market doesn’t have room for such blunders. So the safest way is to shoulder the responsibility on travel software development companies and get easy software solutions to manage both back-end and front-end services seamlessly.
Travel software services like My Hub Pro and My Hub Lite are pretty efficient in single-handedly managing workflow without committing a single error, unless there is a serious system glitch. But, of course, you can get assistance from the hired travel agency software development company to rid your process off such system malfunctions.
Here, we will learn how online travel agencies manage online, offline bookings and back-end processes like a pro, with the help of software services.
But, first, let’s understand –
How do OTAs work?
Planning tour packages, marketing quotations, receiving bookings, maintaining connections with suppliers via different channels to generating financial reports – a lot is happening behind the travel agency website. So you see, running a travel business is definitely not a piece of cake. The employees hardly get a chance to rest their working brains for a couple of seconds even.
What customers see is just the website or the mobile application. But the job of a travel agent is huge and cumbersome, extending way beyond receiving travel bookings and queries.
Here is a brief of the key functionalities that takes place in an average online travel agency.
- Receive and manage bookings – Receive both online and offline bookings generated across multi-channels.
- Checking and sending availability to the user – Checking availability requests from different providers via an API and receive availability confirmation from the providers, filters as per a user’s preferences and company rules, as well as sharing the same with the end-users.
- Generating booking request to the supplier – Post booking confirmation and payment from the user, the same is shared with the providers (GDS, hotel, airline). This is followed by issuing flight tickets, confirming hotel bookings and e-mailing the same details with the traveler.
- Customer data documentation – Collecting and documenting customer data shared on the travel agency website is important for designing personalized remarketing strategies.
- Analyzing data – Customer or employee data, thus documented, is analyzed for generating insightful reports and planning future strategies.
- Create exciting tour packages and quotations – Creating exciting tour packages and quotations for end-users that will sell like hotcakes.
- Inventory and supplier management – Maintain good connectivity with different suppliers and vendors via different channels.
- Customer relationship management – Identifying and segmenting potential customers as well as assuring efficient customer support via emails, live chat, voice and text messages.
- Accounting and payment processing – Accepting customer payments and payments from vendors using two different business models. Maintaining financial accounts to tally their profits earned against losses incurred.
- Reporting and analyzing – Generating different sales, marketing, and customer reports as well as analyzing data for designing business strategies.
Benefits of using travel software services like My Hub Pro and Lite
Travel agency software development companies like GorangaTech.com have designed user-friendly online travel agency software such as My Hub Pro and My Hub Lite to aid online travel agencies cater to their front-end and back-end processes like a Pro.
Introducing My Hub Pro and Lite
My Hub Lite
An easy-to-navigate, flexible, and a user-friendly travel agency back-office application designed especially for travel agents and tour operators. Such a helpful application helps companies easily manage their daily sales, supplier payments and accounts receivable.
My Hub Pro
This back-office application for travel agencies is an extended version of its brother, My Hub Lite. Besides helping the agency with back-office work, My Hub Pro provides a front online live presence to facilitate flights, hotels and transfer bookings via a live online booking engine. Travel agencies can easily manage their online, offline bookings, and maintain a clear view of the company’s daily activity at the same time.
There are untold benefits of using such helpful travel software services, a few of which is mentioned below –
- Automated back-end processes save time and eliminate possibilities of human errors
- Design tailor-made packages and travel quotations that sell
- Manage multiple XML suppliers and GDS, as well as sourcing fares across different geographies
- Flexibility to create own tour packages
- Speed up accounting and reporting work minus human errors
- Customer data documentation and design personalized tour packages based on stored data
- Speed up travel agency growth and earnings.
Still, struggling to handle piling up work?
It is really hard to boost your travel agency in the absence of advanced technology especially when the whole world is surviving online. Travel software services such as My Hub Pro and Lite can make that dream of yours come true. If you are looking for an efficient travel software development company, look no further than Goranga Tech – your travel software partner.